In reply, however, the Centre said that the app’s new privacy policies breaches the Indian Information Technology (IT) Act 2000. It requested that no the company refrains from making changes to the social media platform at the moment. Solicitor General Chetan Sharma appearing for the Center and said that the Government had written to Mark Zuckerberg, CEO of Facebook, the parent company of WhatsApp. They were still awaiting a response.
Then gradually, you will slowly lose access to major features of the messaging platform. WhatsApp will start sending reminders to accept the new policy, and you won’t be able to:
- Set the updates in the application
- Transmit messages from chat to chat
- Manage the broadcast list and use it
- Establish new groups
- Participants in group chat quotes or tags
- Within the app, send voice messages, stickers and other media
- Chat history manually backup
- Export the history of your chat
- Use the service Click to Chat
These special accounts use chat management and storage tools that you would be able to recognize by a mark at the top of the discussion. Also, if you use Facebook Shop, your data (as you see on the platform) may be shared with Facebook. So it’s good to avoid using that for protecting your privacy.